On August 18, 2020, the City Council passed second reading of Ordinance #1-20/21 to create the Open Space Acquisition Committee (OSAC). The ordinance goes into effect on September 8, 2020.
Duties of the OSAC shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identification of private properties for potential future acquisition as open space land;
- Outreach to private landowners about their interest in land sale or conservation;
- In consultation with appropriate City Department Heads or staff and under the direction of the City Council, conduct evaluations of private properties for open space value;
- Collaborate with the South Portland Land Trust and other similar organizations as stated in the Open Space Plan to support the acquisition of publicly accessible open space land;
- Review the Land Bank account funds and activities, at a minimum annually;
- Seek out funding strategies for open space acquisition funding;
- Make recommendations for potential acquisition projects to the City Council; and
- Prepare a report outlining open space acquisitions for submittal to the South Portland annual report and the Conservation Commission annual report.
This committee is currently seeking members. Voting members serve three year staggered terms. If interested, please fill out an application at the City Clerk's office or online.
A quorum shall consist of seven (7) members, at least six (6) of whom shall be voting members. All meetings of the committee are open to the public. Agendas and minutes will be posted to this page.
There may not be more than 3 resident members from any one voting district.
|Katherine Perkins||South Portland Conservation Commission||South Portland Conversation Commission||October 2020, then 3 year term (October 2021-October 2024)|
|Tom Blake||South Portland Land Trust||South Portland Land Trust||October 2020, then 3 year term (October 2022-October 2025)|
|Valerie Beggs||Resident||Councilor Leighton||October 2020, then 3 year term (October 2021-October 2024)|
|Vacant||Resident||Councilor Lewis||October 2020, then 3 year term (October 2021-October 2024)|
|Chelsea Scudder||Resident (District 4)||Councilor Pride||October 2020, then 3 year term (October 2022-October 2025)|
|Andrew Fersch||Resident (District 4)||Councilor Caricchio||October 2020, then 3 year term (October 2022-October 2025)|
|Jeanne Fiorini||Resident (District 4)||Councilor Dhalac||October 2020, then 3 year term (October 2020-October 2023)|
|Vacant||Resident||Councilor Bruzgo||October 2020, then 3 year term (October 2020-October 2023)|
|Dan Hogan||Resident (District 2)||Councilor Henderson||October 2020, then 3 year term (October 2020-October 2023)|
|Vacant||City Councilor (non-voting)||City Councilor||1 year term|
|Karl Coughlin, Deputy Director of Parks, Recreation & Waterfront
Vacant, Planning Department
|Planning or Parks/Recreation/Waterfront Staff Member (non-voting)||City Staff||Indefinite term|
Agendas & Minutes
|File Name||Date Added||File Size|
|OSAC Agenda 03-09-21.pdf||2/24/2021||55.45 KB|
|OSAC Minutes 02-23-21.pdf||2/24/2021||17.35 KB|
|OSAC Minutes 02-09-21.pdf||2/19/2021||60.52 KB|
|OSAC Agenda 02-23-21.pdf||2/19/2021||52.94 KB|
|OSAC Agenda 02-09-21.pdf||1/29/2021||292.29 KB|
|OSAC Agenda 11-10-20.pdf||11/4/2020||77.94 KB|
|AMENDED ORDINANCE #01 - Chapter 2 - Open Space Acquisition Committee Revd 08-03-20.pdf||8/28/2020||54.81 KB|