Agenda for the City Council Meeting
June 2, 2014
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed since 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #139-13/14 – Energy & Recycling Committee – Associate, At Large (Beecher), to fill a term which expires on 05/05/17. Postponed on 05/05/14. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #154-13/14 – Civil Service Commission, District Two (Smith), to fill a term which expires on 03/01/15. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #155-13/14 – Civil Service Commission, District Four (Cohen), appointing Anne Jordan to fill a term which expires on 03/01/17. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #156-13/14 – Planning Board, District One (Pock), to fill a term which expires on 04/01/16. Passage requires majority vote.
6. ORDER #157-13/14 –Ward Clerk, District 2 Pro-Tempore appointing Robert Swan for June 10, 2014 Primary and School Budget Referendum. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
7. STREET CLOSURE - The City is requesting to close Ocean Street from Thomas Street to Hinkley Drive from June 9 – 11, 2014, on an as needed basis for the Uncle Andy’s Restaurant Rescue production. Passage requires majority vote.
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Action
H. Action on Old and New Business
8. ORDER #158-13/14 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote.
9. ORDER #159-13/14 - Award of Bid #26-14 to Yankee Ford, of South Portland, ME, for the purchase of a 3/4 ton pickup truck for the Parks Department. Passage requires majority vote.
10. ORDER #160-13/14 – Authorizing the City Manager to sign a Lease Agreement and a Memorandum of Lease with Portland Cellular Partnership, d/b/a Verizon Wireless for space at Central Fire Station for placement of telecommunication equipment. Passage requires majority vote.
11. ORDER #161-13/14 – Setting June 16, 2014 as the date of the public hearing on a public nuisance complaint relating to property at 35 Mildred Street. Passage requires majority vote.
12. RESOLVE #24-13/14 – Opposing the legalization of recreational (non-medical) marijuana. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.