Agenda for the City Council Meeting
February 3, 2014
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #70-12/13 – Conservation Commission, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 11/20/14. Postponed since 12/17/12. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #88-12/13 – Community Development Advisory Committee, District Three (Linscott), for a term which expires on 01/15/16. Postponed since 01/23/13. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed since 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #99-13/14 – Energy & Recycling Committee Associate, District Five (Jalbert), appointing Alisia Ives for a term which expires on 05/05/15. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
5. Street Closure - The City of South Portland is requesting the closure of Hinckley Drive from Ocean Street to Cottage Road to accommodate Art in the Park. Passage requires majority vote.
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Action
6. BUSINESS LICENSE – GT Bowling Inc. DBA Easy Day for a Food Establishment - Restaurant with liquor license and a Special Amusement with dancing license. Passage requires majority vote.
H. Action on Old and New Business
7. ORDER #100-13/14 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote.
8. PROCLAMATION #2-13/14 - Proclaiming the 2013 Police Officer of the Year. Passage requires majority vote.
9. ORDER #101-13/14 – Establishing time, place and particulars for the Farmers’ Market to be located in City Hall parking lot at 25 Cottage Road and the Planning and Development property at 496 Ocean Street. Passage requires majority vote.
10. ORDINANCE #5-13/14 – Amending Chapter 15, “Motor Vehicles and Traffic,” regarding wreckers and vehicle towing. First reading. Passage requires majority vote.
11. ORDER #102-13/14 – Authorizing notice of and setting February 19, 2014 for a public hearing regarding the proposed condemnation of a portion of the Spring Street and Boylston Street paper streets shown on the 1898 plan entitled “Plan of Grand-View” in Thornton Heights. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.