Name of Body: City Council
Agenda for the Meeting of: August 17, 2015
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
A recording of this meeting can be accessed online. There are several time increments noted in red below which indicate the number of minutes into the meeting that these items occur in the event you are interested in viewing a certain item. You may have to wait a minute or two at the beginning of the meeting for the time marker to move forward far enough to click on it and drag it forward.
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #35-14/15– Board of Assessment Review, District Five (Fox), for an unexpired term which expires on 12/31/16. Postponed since 10/20/14. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #86-14/15 – Conservation Commission, District Two (Smith), for an unexpired term which expires on 11/20/17. Postponed since 02/18/15. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #89-14/15 – Civil Service Commission, District Three (Linscott), for an unexpired term which expires on 03/01/19. Postponed since 03/02/15. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #114-14/15 – Conservation Commission, District One (Morgan), for an unexpired term which expires on 3/3/18. Postponed since 4/22/15. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #2-15/16 – Board of Appeals, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 7/23/18. Postponed since 07/06/15. Passage requires majority vote.
6. ORDER #24-15/16 – Economic Development Committee, At Large (Blake), for an unexpired term which expires on 3/23/17. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
7. SIGN PERMIT – SOPO/CE Buy Local is requesting to place signs in various locations to advertise and direct traffic for the Bug Light Buy Local Festival and the Maine Seaweed Festival August 29, 2015. Passage requires majority vote.
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Action
8. ORDINANCE #1-15/16 - Amending Chapter 27, “Zoning,” regarding a Zone Map change from Residential A to Limited Business LB – 675 Main Street. Passed first reading on 08/03/15. Passage requires five affirmative votes. 21:47 Minutes into the meeting
H. Action on Old and New Business
9. ORDER #25-15/16 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote. 29:30 Minutes into the meeting
10. RESOLVE 1-#15/16 - Pursuant to Section 612 of the City Charter determining details of issue of $3,400,000 principal amount of bonds authorized by bond ordinance finally passed and enacted August 18, 2014. Passage requires majority vote. 31:23 Minutes into the meeting
11. RESOLVE #2-15/16 – Approving an Appropriation Transfer Resolve for FY 2015 Public Works, General Assistance and City Clerk. Passage requires majority vote. 46:17 Minutes into the meeting
12. ORDER #26-15/16 - Approving the submission of grant applications for traffic, bicycle and pedestrian studies under the PACTS 2016-2017 Unified Planning Work Program. Passage requires majority vote. 57:15 Minutes into the meeting
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.