Name of Body: City Council
Tentative Agenda for the Meeting of: September 4, 2018
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
A. Roll Call
C. Communications from the City Manager
D. Reports from Boards and Committees
E. Petitions and Communications
F. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #119-17/18 – Community Development Advisory Committee, District One (Morgan) for a term which expires on January 15, 2021. Postponed since February 6, 2018. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #138-17/18 – Civil Service Commission, District One (Morgan) for a term which expires on March 1, 2023. Postponed since March 6, 2018. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #19-18/19 – Board of Appeals, District One (Morgan), appointing Edward Kelleher for a term which expires on July 23, 2021. Postponed since August 7, 2018. Passage requires majority vote.
G. Consent Calendar
4. ORDER #43-18/19 – Setting 7:00 a.m. as the time for the opening of the polls on Election Day, November 6, 2018. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #44-18/19 – Accepting $29,528 from the Maine Municipal Association Workers Compensation Fund. Passage requires majority vote.
H. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
I. Public Hearings and Action
6. REFERRED ORDINANCES #22-17/18 & #23-17/18 – Public hearing and action on the Referred Ordinances #22-17/18 & #23-17/18 regarding short-term residential rentals. At the conclusion of the public hearing, the Council may act to repeal the referred ordinances or to send them to a referendum vote. Passage requires majority vote. (Proposal by Councilor Eben Rose)
J. Action on Old and New Business
7. ORDER #45-18/19 – Directing the City Clerk to place the proposed question regarding the South Portland School Department joining the Greater Sebago Educational Alliance (GSEA), a Regional Service Center on the November 6, 2018 ballot. Passage requires majority vote.
K. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
L. Councilor’s Round Robin
M. Executive Session
Items may only be introduced after 11:00 p.m. upon a majority vote of Councilors present and voting. Items on a regular meeting agenda not introduced pursuant to this rule shall be placed on the next regular meeting agenda.