Name of Body: City Council
Tentative Agenda for the Meeting of: October 2, 2018
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
A. Roll Call
C. Communications from the City Manager
Economic Development Committee - South Portland Business
Awards Nominations now available
Bus & Economic Development Awards.pdf
Update from Paul Niehoff regarding Cottage Road Project
D. Reports from Boards and Committees
E. Petitions and Communications
F. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #119-17/18 – Community Development Advisory Committee, District One (Morgan) for a term which expires on January 15, 2021. Postponed since February 6, 2018. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #138-17/18 – Civil Service Commission, District One (Morgan) for a term which expires on March 1, 2023. Postponed since March 6, 2018. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #46-18/19 – Arts & Historic Preservation Committee, District One (Morgan) for an unexpired term which expires October 20, 2019. Postponed on September 18, 2019. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #59-18/19 – South Portland Housing Authority, Tenant Appointment, appointing Jane Croston for a term which expires October 10, 2023. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #60-18/19 – South Portland Housing Authority, Tenant Appointment, appointing Kevin Powell for a term to October 20, 2023. Passage requires majority vote.
G. Consent Calendar
H. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
I. Public Hearings and Action
6. ORDINANCE #4-18/19 – Amending Chapter 27, “Zoning,” regarding a Text and Zone Map change from Rural Residential District (RF) to Conditional Non-Residential Industrial ecomaine Disposal Facility District (INR-Edf-1) - 85 Scott Road (Map 86, Lot 3A) for ecomaine’s ash landfill. Passed first reading on September 18, 2018. ROLL CALL VOTE. Passage requires five (5) affirmative votes.
7. ORDINANCE #5-18/19 – Amending Chapter 14, “Licenses, Permits, and Business Regulations Generally”, of the Code of Ordinances regarding Lodging Establishments and other miscellaneous items. Passed first reading on September 18, 2018. ROLL CALL VOTE. Passage requires majority vote.
J. Action on Old and New Business
8. ORDER #61-18/19 - Amending the City’s Master Fee Schedule of License, Permit, Inspection, and Application Fees to update license fees. Passage requires majority vote.
9. ORDER #62-18/19 – Amending the Non-union Personnel Policy. Passage requires majority vote.
10. ORDER #63-18/19– Amending the Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy for Safety Sensitive Positions. Passage requires majority vote.
11. ORDER #64-18/19 – Authorizing the City Manager to sign a letter of No Objection for dredging at the Buckeye Marine Terminal. Passage requires majority vote.
K. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
L. Councilor’s Round Robin
M. Executive Session
A motion to go into executive session pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. §405 (6)(D) regarding labor negotiations with the Police Command and Supervisory Unit.
Items may only be introduced after 11:00 p.m. upon a majority vote of Councilors present and voting. Items on a regular meeting agenda not introduced pursuant to this rule shall be placed on the next regular meeting agenda.