Name of Body: City Council
Tentative Agenda for the Meeting of: October 16, 2018
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
A. Roll Call
C. Communications from the City Manager
D. Reports from Boards and Committees
E. Petitions and Communications
Presentation regarding Invasive Plants
F. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #119-17/18 – Community Development Advisory Committee, District One (Morgan) for a term which expires on January 15, 2021. Postponed since February 6, 2018. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #138-17/18 – Civil Service Commission, District One (Morgan) for a term which expires on March 1, 2023. Postponed since March 6, 2018. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #46-18/19 – Arts & Historic Preservation Committee, District One (Morgan) for an unexpired term which expires October 20, 2019. Postponed since September 18, 2019. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #65-18/19 – Arts & Historic Preservation Committee, District Three (Rose), appointing Hannah Holmes for a term which expires on 10/20/21. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #66-18/19 – Authorizing the City’s participation in submitting an application and accepting a 2019 Data Driven Speed Enforcement Grant to be used by the Police Department.
6. ORDER #67-18/19 – Authorizing the City Manager to sign a collective bargaining agreement with the South Portland Police Command and Supervisory Unit for the period of July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2021.
7. ORDER #68-18/19– Authorizing the City Manager to sign a license agreement with Portland Pipe Line Corporation for property used as an access to Kaler School.
8. ORDER #69-18/19 - Authorizing the City Manager to accept a release deed from Portland Water District releasing certain gravel extraction and related access rights on City-owned property at O’Neil Street and authorizing the City Manager to execute and deliver an easement deed to Portland Water District for fire hydrant purposes on City-owned property at O’Neil Street.
9. ORDER #70-18/19 - Rescheduling the November 6, 2018 City Council meeting to November 8, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. and directing the City Clerk to post notice of the change.
Passage of Consent Calendar requires majority vote.
H. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
I. Public Hearings and Action
10. ORDER #71-18/19 (AMENDED)– Consolidating voting places for a December 11, 2018 special election, setting the time for opening the polls and, calling for a Special Election on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 to fill the vacant District Five City Council seat. Passage requires majority vote.
J. Action on Old and New Business
11. ORDER #72-18/19 (AMENDED)– Authorizing the City Manager to execute a license agreement with METRO to establish two new bus stops within the City’s Right-of-Way on Gorham Road. Passage requires majority vote.
12. ORDER #73-18/19 - Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority
K. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
L. Councilor’s Round Robin
M. Executive Session
A motion may be made to go into Executive Session pursuant to 36 M.R.S.A. §841, to discuss application(s) for abatement of property taxes on account of infirmity or poverty.
Items may only be introduced after 11:00 p.m. upon a majority vote of Councilors present and voting. Items on a regular meeting agenda not introduced pursuant to this rule shall be placed on the next regular meeting agenda.