Name of Body: City Council
Tentative Agenda for the Meeting of: November 8, 2018
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
A. Roll Call
C. Communications from the City Manager
D. Reports from Boards and Committees
E. Petitions and Communications
F. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #119-17/18 – Community Development Advisory Committee, District One (Morgan) for a term which expires on January 15, 2021. Postponed since February 6, 2018. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #138-17/18 – Civil Service Commission, District One (Morgan) for a term which expires on March 1, 2023. Postponed since March 6, 2018. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #46-18/19 – Arts & Historic Preservation Committee, District One (Morgan) for an unexpired term which expires October 20, 2019. Postponed since September 18, 2019. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #75-18/19 – Arts & Historic Preservation Committee, representing the South Portland Historical Society, appointing Kathryn DiPhilippo for a term which expires on 10/20/21. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #76-18/19 – Arts & Historic Preservation Committee, District Two (Lewis), for a term which expires on 10/20/21. Passage requires majority vote.
G. Consent Calendar
6. ORDER #77-18/19 – Granting a street closure request of Broadway for Veterans Day Parade on November 12, 2018 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
7. ORDER #78-18/19 - Granting a street closure request of Waterman Drive and Ocean Street (above A Street) from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and temporary closure of Market, A, B, C, D, E and Q Streets from 11:50 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on January 1, 2019 for the Foulmouthed New Year’s Mile Run.
8. RESOLVE #2-18/19 – Asking that bells be rung at 11:00 a.m. on Veterans Day
9. ORDER #79-18/19 - Authorizing the City Manager to sign a Lease Agreement with the South Portland Land Trust, Inc., for the lease of the former electrical building located in Mill Creek Park.
10. ORDER #80-18/19 – Accepting a 2018 Homeland Security Grant of $189,702.72 from the Maine Emergency Management Agency.
11. ORDER #81-18/19 – Donating a City Tree located on Main Street at the Cash Corner Fire Station to the City of Portland for its 2018 Monument Square Christmas Tree. Passage requires majority vote.Passage of Consent Calendar requires majority vote.
H. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
I. Public Hearings and Action
12. ORDER #82-18/19 – Granting Waterman’s Service Center, 620 Main Street, a Used Car Lot License; new owner of existing business. Passage requires majority vote.
J. Action on Old and New Business
13. ORDER #83-18/19 -Approval of Port Harbor Marine, Inc.’s proposed improvements to expand the current docking system at 1 Spring Point Drive and authorize the City Manager to execute an amendment to the lease agreement between the City and Port Harbor Marine, Inc. Passage requires majority vote.
14. ORDER #84-18/19 - Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority
K. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
L. Councilor’s Round Robin
M. Executive Session
A motion may be made to go into Executive Session pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. §405 (6)(d) regarding labor negotiations with the Firefighters IAFF Local 1476.
Items may only be introduced after 11:00 p.m. upon a majority vote of Councilors present and voting. Items on a regular meeting agenda not introduced pursuant to this rule shall be placed on the next regular meeting agenda.