Agenda for the City Council Meeting
September 4, 2013
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Council Chambers
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #70-12/13 – Conservation Commission, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 11/20/14. Postponed since 12/17/12. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #88-12/13 – Community Development Advisory Committee, District Three (Linscott), for a term which expires on 01/15/16. Postponed since 01/23/13. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed since 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #15-13/14 – Library Advisory Board, At Large (Blake), for an unexpired term which expires on 12/31/14. Postponed since 07/15/13. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
5. Sign Permit - The Iris Network is requesting to place informational signs on the Casco Bay Bridge entryway from September 15 – October 20, 2013 to advertise the White Cane Walk for Independence on October 19th, 2013. Passage requires majority vote.
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Action
H. Action on Old and New Business
6. ORDER #33-13/14 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote.
7. ORDER #34-13/14 – Award of bid to MRC Game Time Inc., of Spring Lake, NJ, for the renovations to the municipal pool deck. Passage requires majority vote.
8. ORDER #35-13/14 – Authorizing the City Manager to sign a Structure Lease Agreement with New Cingular Wireless PCS, LLC, for placement of a communication facility tower on city-owned property located at 34 Crossing Drive. Passage requires majority vote.
9. ORDER #36-13/14 – Award of Bid #07-14 to ProAv Systems, of Portland, ME, for the purchase of technology for South Portland High School. Passage requires majority vote.
10. ORDER #37-13/14 – Award of Bid #09-14 to WB Mason, of Portland, ME; Creative Office Pavilion, of Portland, ME; School Specialty, of Mansfield, OH; and School Furnishings Inc., of Nashua, NH, for the purchase of furniture for South Portland High School. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
A motion may be made to go into Executive session pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. Section 405(6)(C) to discuss the potential sale of a parcel of City-owned property.