The Council sets and reviews goals at a workshop at the beginning of each year. Like all meetings and workshops of the City Council, this workshop is open to the public.
Council Goals (2020)
Council Goals (2019)
On February 28, 2019, the City Council met to discuss and refine goals from 2018 and set goals for 2019. Click here for a copy of the Goal-Setting Workshop minutes.
The 2018 goal setting workshop was held at Southern Maine Community College on March 28, 2018. The goals and plan were formally adopted (ORDER #190-17/18) at the May 1, 2018 meeting.
Council Goals (2018)
1 Waterfront master plan, including desired uses and climate modeling for adaptation, brownfield assurance, and an evacuation plan
2. Diversity (ethnic, gender, age) in the City Council, boards, committees, and workforce. The City has assessed the barriers and mitigated them and has an outreach plan
3. Make streets and sidewalks functional and safe
4. Improve pedestrian and bike safety
5. Reduce traffic congestion
6. An open space plan with diverse stakeholder buy-in, to include an inventory of green assets and a 21st century green space plan
7. Ensure optimal use and maintenance of City buildings
8. Explore how to encourage more housing availability