No Permit Required
The following activities do not require a building permit:
- Installation of fencing. Fences can be placed along the property line, up to six feet in height, and can face in either direction. Please contact our office relative to placement of fences along front property lines.
- Installation of in-ground patio or terrace.
- Replacement of existing windows and doors in existing openings. (If changing the size or shape of the window or door, requiring wall work, a permit is required.)
- Replacement of house siding and roofing shingles.
- Replacement of plumbing fixtures in same locations. (A hot water heater replacement does require a permit, mandated by the State.)
- Replacement of kitchen cabinets and counters, floor coverings, wall coverings and moldings, in same locations as existing.